Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Donald, the Joffrey; Game of Thrones Comes to Washington



Look, ma! I'm a soldier! Aren't you proud?


Life does imitate art sometimes. For me it's an image I cannot get out of my mind--how very much the Donald resembles Prince Joffrey, not just in the blonde/blue eye way but the essence of the soul--the coddled child, petulant and nasty, a bully only as long as he has his mommy and her soldiers behind him, but he folds when faced with real threat.
I'm trying hard on my twelve step program to cleanse myself of my addiction to politics and will turn to art, to television series. When is the new season of Game of Thrones?
Will it tell the future for the "real" world, once again.
And where is that lady with her dragons?

2 comments:

  1. Phantom,
    Agreed, television viewing can be a welcome distraction from the Trump circus..Game of Thrones does not return until next summer. I've watched that sporadically-so guess it gives me plenty of time to watch all the previous seasons to really understand the plots in depth..House of Cards returns in early 2017 so that's great news- I'm sure they finished filming prior to Trump's nomination last summer-too bad-it would be nice to watch a fictional Trump type character get his comeuppance from Frank..What I have been watching the last week-and have really enjoyed- is Good Behavior with Michelle Dockery as the lead character..She played Lady Mary on Downton and now plays an American from the south-on the skids-a big departure from Lady Mary. You should check it out. It's on TNT...
    Maud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maud,
    Thanks. I'm looking for an escape. Anything to wean myself from CNN and MSNBC. There will be time to listen to the alt right dismantle Obamacare, Medicare, Social Security.
    Phantom

    ReplyDelete