Monday, September 23, 2024

IF THERE WERE JUSTICE ...

 


You have heard this song.

Arlo Guthrie made it famous. When he does it, the audiences all sing it in harmony, in the refrains.

Willie Nelson, Cheryl Crowe, Glenn Campbell, John Fogarty everyone has done it.



But Steve Goodman, who I have never heard of, and who I bet you have never heard of, wrote and performed it, and listen to his guitar!

He wrote the song, as Arlo Guthrie clearly told the story, and Goodman's version, for my money, is by far the best ever done. But who has ever heard him do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ztWNJYFrU

2 comments:

  1. Phantom,
    Well sir, aren’t you a fountain of information. I always assumed Arlie Guthrie wrote this fabulous song. This pared down version is a stunner… Steve Goodman is a master guitarist and story teller. Sure begs the question what other gems did he write?
    Maud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't get me started. I've spent too much time on youtube already. He put out an album and wrote some classic Country/Western songs. Kris Kristopherson and Jackson Browne loved the guy.

    ReplyDelete